Saturday, July 16, 2011

mEmOrAbLe dAy

This is an incident that happened 2 weeks ago which would make me remember this day forever.


So thought of sharing with you people...It was about 10'o clock in the morning and I was having my breakfast in my dad's hotel since it was a Sunday, my duty is to visit my hotel to look after the accounts of that full week which my mom has assigned me. Just then a old woman aged about 70-75 came and asked for the owner.My manager brought her to me and introduced her to me,then she started her speak which made me delighted because she had brought an food order for more than 40k for a day's lunch which could easily fetch me minimum of 10-15k of profits.I called my manager and asked him to bring a coffee for her and asked her to sit and i replied to her saying "Don't worry ma'am.Our food is known for its taste and quality.No delivery charges."She asked me whether my name should be added in invitation for which i replied "It's not required" because all i wanted was money.She praised me saying "Sir,now-a-days people do donation for publicity and you are saying you don't want that too..you are kind hearted ,leave happily for hundred years..
I was in a mixed expression of shock and confusion and i almost took few minutes to react for it.She started again saying that "ok beta..guess you are not interested in this..i'll leave and take this card..By god's grace if your mind is changed call to the number mentioned in this card".
The moment she said this,i asked her to wait for 2 minutes and took my dad's photo out of my wallet and closed my eyes for a moment and started thinking what would my dad would if he was there at this situation as i do it before every single decision making process.I felt that i should donate the food because that's what my dad would do if he was there.I opened my eyes with a smile in my face and i was suddenly shocked to see the tears in that woman's eyes and smile in her face.She said me, "Just like your father" for which i was emotion-less and confused and i asked her why did she say that.She told me"I'll tell you later."I asked her that when actually she wants this food and all for which she said she wants us to do it on next month and i promised her that we will do it and also asked her can we also donate it today to the kids because on the day of function we cant stay and be with kids for long time as crowd will be more for which she was very happy and slowly whispered "Not a problem" for which i was very happy and the very next moment i asked my manager who was standing next to our chairs to get ready with the food by 12 noon.All i could witness was a smile still lying in that old woman's face which actually made me happy because first time in my life i was feeling as if i am doing something great.I asked her to wait for an hour and would she have any breakfast? for which she nodded saying no and opened her mouth saying i have had it before coming to the hotel.I went out to look at the bills and accounts for that week.An hour passed by then and i called for the taxi and requested the woman to be seated and asked my hotel servants to bring that food in a van to the ashram by following the taxi.Ashram was a ten minute drive the hotel and we reached there in by no time and i walked with the woman into the ashram and she gave me a album to have a look at.As i turned the pages one after the other,i was shocked to see my parents standing with those small orphan kids and some pictures in which my dad making small kids sit on his lap and making them eat.By then,my eyes were filled with tears thinking the good heart they have is not with me..The old woman kept her hand on my shoulder and said this is what i wanted to say you in your hotel,but couldn't say it there.She also added " Tiger always gives birth to a tiger and not a fox...now don't be sad for the past.Distribute it yourself". I was bit happy by her words and asked my hotel boys to start distributing the food.But while distributing the food,i really felt pity for those kids there.I became very much emotional seeing those kids who have almost forgot what is love,parents,b'day's,etc...Even we had food with them and took a pic with them and i promised them saying "whenever you people are in need of anything,ask me..and i 'll come next month with food and no need of my name in invitation card."I took her blessing while returning back saying Don't worry.But to be frank,i don't even know why did i say that..But i am happy for my small contribution to those..After returning home,i shared this with my mom for which she was very happy for what i have done...
Well i know what i did was not huge contribution o something like that.The reason for this blog was just to ask you people that if you have anything more which you are not using,just give it to such institutes and not to some one who come door to door people to collect because who knows whether they are selling it or giving it to those kids.So plz frenz do visit and do a small contribution for it..That's all i could say for now and the pics are not my clicks,its Google pics since i dint carry my cam there.. I apologize if i have bored some one by this post..All i could say is thank u for reading and a sorry for those guys who felt bored because 
u r a cold blooded animal !!!!!!

2 comments: